a stellar, well-connected committee and a slew of generous sponsors, we have some amazing goodies for attendees to win!
But first, a few things different with the giveaway this year:
1) Our theme may be retro, but we are modernizing the announcement process. Instead of straining to call out numbers over conversation and music and all that fumbling for the itty-bitty ticket, we'll be tweeting out winners by their twitter handles! (We'll even have a projector screen with a live feed, so you don't need to be checking your newfangled techy devices every 5 mintues.)
2) If you happen to be a plus-one without a twitter account, we'll call you out by your companion's name (e.g. "@carolineoncrack's +1 won the XYZ prize!")
3) We're also tying this year's giveaway to our charity benefactor, Operation Frontline LA! All attendees (invited and their plus-ones) will receive one entry for the giveaway, but if you want to up your chances, you can donate $10 (or more) at the door for an additional giveaway entry! 100% of the proceeds goes to the charity, and guests who have already RSVP'd with additional donations will receive the corresponding number of extra entries (e.g. if you donated $40 on top of your $10 admission, you will receive 5 entries total.)
4) We'll be tweeting our giveaways @ regular intervals from 7:30 p.m. until the end of the evening, so donate for your extra entries early to increase your opportunities to win.
5) Finally, you don't need to be present to pick up your prize (in case you leave early, didn't notice it on the twitterfeed, etc.)
Phew! Having said all that, here's all the fab goodies that you can win this year:
From ChocolateBox Cafe (also our official chocolate sponsor for the event) a build-your-own box of sweets, simply bring the box to their Malibu location and fill it to your heart's fancy.
1933 Group is providing a sweet set of drink tokesn good for free cocktails at any of their bars.
Church & State is donating a $50 gift card for its bistro grub.
At Ortega 120, you can win 2 spots to their Tequila University classes, plus a $20 gift card for food or drinks at another time.
CakeMonkey donated a gift certificate good for their Snack Treat Gift Box for one sweet-loving soul.
The House of An family of restaurants is providing $75 gift certificates for AnQi and Crustacean
A gift basket of goodies, including teas, a bottle of wine and a $70 gift certificate, courtesy of Hugo's Restaurant
A tasty dinner for two gift certificate at Comme Ca in West Hollywood
And another dinner for two @ Zengo/La Sandia in the swanky renovated Santa Monica Place
For movie-goers, a ten-ticket pack for American Cinematheque's Egyptian and Alex Theaters
At La Descarga, you can win a rum & cigar aficionado package with 1 bottle of Zaya 12-year-old aged rum with sipping glasses, 2 hand rolled Payne Mason Haban Unos Corojo #5 cigars with cutter and a $50 gift certificate at the bar itself.
Nic's Beverly Hill donated a dinner for two with a full VODBOX experience.
Culina is giving out a "lunch for 4" to the fortunate winner.
Shell Vacations Hospitality donated a two-night stay in their Las Vegas Desert Rose Resort
At the Raymond in South Pasadena, someone will get $300 (equivalent of 2 chef's tastings w wine pairings) to spend on fine cuisine.
The Edison is generously giving a person and a downtown dream package with a $200 gift card, a night's stay in a downtown LA hotel plus a bottle of copper-encased Beau Joie champagne!
And The Sunset Strip is donating a package of its own, with a night's stay at the Andaz Hotel (our bloggerprom venue last year!), dinner for 2 at its restaurant, the RH, and 2 VIP passes plus 4 drink tickets for The Comedy Store.
Good luck to everyone, but feel free improve your odds (and do more good) with an extra donation!